If you are considering abortion, we will provide you with accurate, up-to-date information from the National Abortion Federation concerning the different abortion procedures, risks and side effects.
Before a procedure you will need an ultrasound in order to:
- Determine how far you are into the pregnancy.
- Verify that the pregnancy is in the uterus and not ectopic.
- Look for signs of miscarriage.
- STD/STI testing is also available. It is important you treat an STD/STI before an abortion so the infection does not spread up into the reproductive tract.
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) & Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD)
Leon County is the #1 County in Florida for new cases of chlamydia and gonorrhea. Gonorrhea has developed resistance to many antibiotics, becoming a “super bug”, and making it increasingly difficult to treat.
Untreated or repeated exposure to STI/STDs can results in serious health risks, such as:
- pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- ectopic pregnancy
- chronic pain
- increased risk for future STDs.
STI/STDs do not always have symptoms. If you are concerned you may have been exposed to an STI/STD, call us today.